We believe that education shall be directed to the full development of the child’s personality and ability, and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedom. We therefore uphold,
- that each child is an individual with unique abilities, potential, strength, creativity and they are capable of constructing their own knowledge and learning;
- that children, parents/guardians and educators are partners in the community of learners to promote the well-being, education and development of all children;
- that the role of early childhood educators is to provide and maintain a happy, safe, inclusive and responsive environment, space and place where each child is loved and known that she/he is loved, belong and encouraged to accept who she/he is, to discover her/his potential and abilities and to develop a positive self-image;
- That the Centre respects and rejoices the cultural diversity of each child, family and educators and incorporated them in the life at the Centre.
- That the children are the future owners of the planet so they have the rights to learn to respect, to care and to protect the environment.
We believe that education shall be directed to the full development of the child’s personality and ability, and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedom. We therefore uphold
- Reason - At St. Dominic Savio Early Learning Centre reason signifies reasonableness and persuasion on the part of the educators who use the holistic approach to bring out of the children a desire to co-operate and participate in all that the Centre promotes for the children’s wholeness development. The Management and Educators at St. Dominic Savio Early Learning Centre support the principles of fairness, equity and social justice and make every effort to provide an inclusive curriculum, practices and environment to all children.
- Religion (values) -
At St. Dominic Savio Early Learning Centre religion signifies human values such as loving, caring, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, justice and peace. We strive to provide children a learning program and environment that supports and nurtures these values.
- Loving-kindness -
At St. Dominic Savio Early Learning Centre loving-kindness signifies a heartfelt affection for the children who are not only loved but know that they are loved and treated with dignity and respect in a caring family atmosphere where they are co-contributors to their growth and education.